Innovative, Non-Destructive Pole Inspection Methods
How Cost-Effective, Data-Driven Solutions Are Disrupting Industry Norms
Exelon Clearsight’s end-to-end integration in the energy business gives us a balanced perspective and unique insights to help utilities maintain critical infrastructure. We leverage software to deliver a wide range of inspection solutions for transmission and distribution assets.
We specialize in non-destructive utility pole inspections using an innovative testing tool instead of traditional hammer sounding and boring methods. Our cutting-edge technology leverages a tiny, minimally invasive needle that was designed for inspecting live trees. Unlike traditional sound and boring methods, our pole inspections greatly reduce the need for partial excavation to inspect wood conditions below the ground-line. Our consistent and repeatable processes significantly reduce human errors and produce a superior deliverable with objective data on every pole. Our digital data and reports include measured shell thickness, presence of internal damage/voids, wood density, and remaining strength for every pole inspected. As an added benefit, we can also bundle in drones to inspect the overhead components for evidence of wood damage, such as pole tops and cross-arms where damage is likely not visible from the ground.
Value Added Services
- Aerial Overhead Inspections
- Infrared (IR) Scan & Analysis
- Visual Vegetation Assessment
- Facility / Equipment Inventory
- Third-Party Attachment Reporting
- GIS Data Correction
Benefits of Working with Exelon Clearsight
- We understand the needs of utilities because we are backed by Exelon – the nation’s leading competitive energy provider.
- Our business is built on key pillars of safety, innovation, and excellence to help you get the most value from your inspection programs.
- We welcome opportunities to collaborate, and form alliances, to develop solutions for specific needs.